11/12/2012

Custom Avatar Animations

Here we go! I have been working in a few animations, my plan is to make 2 per week (one week is our sprint time) since I have more stuff to do for other classes, unfortunatelly. Wish I could focus only in the game.
But the requirement for the sprints is one and a half animations, so should be 3 animations in 2 weeks. I am trying to make 2 per week :)

So I made a few before, so I am posting here all the videos of the custom animations I have made!

this is not for the game, ok?! =P


It's important to say that in the game, the animations have a cross-over. That means the animations will blend, looking way better, more realistic.


Falling animation:




Jumping animation:

consider the animation only until where the jump is in the highest spot


Flip animation (for the double jump):

Need some explanation here. The first video shows how the animation will look like, about the movement in the scenario. I made this only for reference and for showing it in the sprint:

The animation is not finished in this video, I made some changes in the body movement

But in the game, the animation have to spin in the place, because the space movement is made by the programming. So here is the animation video of the movement in the place. Some people will notice a small problem on it.


How I made this? Below the avatar there is two triangle controllers. The inner controls the position of mostly all of the controllers (not the foot and the targets, for example). So I used this one to make the spinning of the avatar. The outside one controls the position of the avatar, without affect any of the controls position. So I used this one to mark the movement (up, forward and down, basically). After done, seeing how it looks like, I just needed to change the keyframes from the outside triangle, and the avatar was moving only in the 0 position.

Living and learning (and speaking with the artistic leader, Max Locher), I learned that the best way to make this would be spinning around the waist, not the feet. Because in the game is probably going to look weird, and we don't want it for sure. We want to make things right and to look good! :)
Thanks Max!


So I am working on changing this rotation now, I am fixing it. But I made another animation before, and it's the

Landing animation:

If it looks weird in the beginning or ending, it's because it's gonna merge into the previous and the next animations. It will look fine in the game ;)

Here is a YouTube playlist of some development videos (you can find the same videos here in my blog). Until now we have only my animations and a prototype gameplay video, but I am looking forward to add the another animations (from Derek Young) and more videos:





That's all for now, folks! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment! :)